- Use of the Site and / or Programme includes but is not limited to accessing, browsing and / or downloading documents, registering to use the Programme, accessing, browsing and / or downloading training and / or study material (in whatever format) (“Courseware”) and completing test and quizzes in relation to the Courseware.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- The Site and Programme are owned and operated by Universal Aviation Training Ltd with company registration number C71139, a company duly registered in accordance with the laws of Malta and having its registered office at 35 Mannarino Road, Birkirkara, Malta, BKR 9080. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACCESSING THE SITE AND PROGRAMME
- The information on the Site is made available free of charge.
- When you register as a user on the Programme, you will be deemed to represent and warrant to us that:
- you will not use our name or any of our trademarks in any way without our prior knowledge and written consent;
- you are of a legal age in the country in which you reside;
- UAT does not guarantee that the Site and / or Programme, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Site and / or Programme is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site and / or Programme without notice. UAT will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site and / or Programme is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Modify, alter, tamper with, repair or otherwise create derivative works of the Site and / or Programme and / or Courseware;
- Reproduce, adapt or redistribute the Site and / or Programme and / or Courseware;
- Resell, sublicense, publish or broadcast the Programme and / or Courseware or parts thereof.
- YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you register as a user on the Programme, you will be provided with a user identification code and a password (“Account Details”). You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose your Account Details to any third party.
- You undertake that you will as quickly as you reasonably can inform us and confirm the information in writing if there is any change in your contact details.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you have knowledge of your Account Details, you must promptly notify UAT at email@example.com. Should you become aware of or suspect that any person other than yourself knows your Account Details or has access to your account, you must change your Account Details immediately.
- We may suspend your Programme account if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the confidentiality of your Account Details has been compromised and / or breached and / or you inform us that you know or suspect that your Account Details may be known by or used by an unauthorised person.
- You may not give permission to someone else to use the Programme with your Account Details. However, if someone uses your Account Details (irrespective of whether or not that person is doing so with your permission), you will be solely responsible for the use of any information or services obtained or used through the Programme. The sole exception to your liability in this instance is where you can prove that the person using your Account Details got them from us as a result of our gross negligence.
- CHANGES TO THE SITE
UAT may update its Site and / or Programme from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Site and / or Programme may be out of date at any given time and UAT is under no obligation to update it. The Site and / or Programme is provided on as ‘as is’ basis and UAT does not guarantee that the Site and / or Programme, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- UAT is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on the Site and / or Programme, relating to content generated by UAT. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. In particular, the trademarks, service marks and logos of UAT and its affiliates used and displayed on the Site and / or Programme, same which are our registered and unregistered trademarks, service marks and / or logos. Requests to use trademarks, service marks and / or logos owned by other companies which may be mentioned on the Site and / or Programme should be directed to such other companies. We actively and vigorously enforce our intellectual property right. None of our intellectual property may be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on the Site and / or Programme, without our prior written permission.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials and / or Courseware you have printed or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- UAT’s status (and that of any identified contributors or users of the Programme) as the authors of content on the Site and / or Programme must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the Site and / or Programme for commercial purposes without obtaining prior written permission to do so from UAT.
- You acknowledge and agree that the copyrights, trademarks, service marks and all other intellectual property or other rights to any information distributed to or received by you whether sent by us or on our behalf by any means, together with any advertising media, website or other material connected to UAT and in any databases that contain or constitute the information, will remain our sole and exclusive property.
- UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE SITE
- You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards and you will be liable to UAT and indemnify UAT for any breach of that warranty.
- Any content you upload to the Site and / or Programme will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and UAT has the right to use, copy, publish, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- UAT also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site and / or Programme constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
- UAT will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Site and / or Programme.
- RELIANCE ON THE INTERNET
- We will have no liability to you if the internet connection is lost with the result that you are unable to access the Site and / or Programme.
- Although we take reasonable precautions to ensure that data collected by us has been checked for viruses, UAT does not guarantee that the Site and / or Programme will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and it is your responsibility to ensure that the onward transmission, opening and / or use of data on the Site and / or Programme will not negatively affect your systems or data. Please make sure your computer and / or mobile device has up-to-date virus detection software and please carry out virus and other checks as you consider appropriate. We accept no responsibility for losses that you may suffer as a result of the onward transmission of viruses or any other malicious software, from us to you.
- You must not misuse the Site and / or Programme by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, backdoors, trapdoors, keys, other components or other material which would be malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site and / or Programme, the server on which the Site and / or Programme is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site and / or Programme. You must not attack the Site and / or Programme via a denial-of-service (“DOS”) attack or a distributed DOS attack. UAT will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site and / or Programme will cease immediately.
- LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to the Site and / or Programme provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage UAT’s reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on UAT’s part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the Site and / or Programme in any website that is not owned by you. UAT reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of content on the Site and / or Programme other than as set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THE SITE
Where the Site and / or Programme contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. UAT has no control over the content of those websites or resources.
- NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The content on the Site is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
- Although UAT makes reasonable efforts to update the information and / or Courseware on the Site and / or Programme, UAT does not give any representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site and / or Programme is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site and / or Programme or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- UAT will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (i) use of, or inability to use, the Site and / or Programme and (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site and / or Programme.
- UAT will not be liable for (i) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, (ii) business interruption, (iii) loss of anticipated savings, (iv) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation and, more generally (v) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- UAT will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed DOS attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site and / or Programme or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites to which the Site and / or Programme links or is linked. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by UAT of those linked websites and UAT will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such linked websites.
- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF UAT
- UAT may view, monitor and record activity on the Site and / or Programme without notice to or permission from you.
- You acknowledge that by browsing the Site, completing a query form and / or registering as user of our Programme, you will be providing us with personal data, which may be protected by data protection legislation, including amongst others Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, more commonly referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Protection Act 2018 (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and the regulations and amendments issued under it. You authorise us to:
- process all such personal data;
- transmit any such personal data to any affiliate and / or service provider for purposes of performing our services and in furtherance of our legitimate interest including statistical analysis, marketing of our services and credit control;
- transmit any personal data to any affiliate and / or service provider for the purposes of marketing our services and products and the services and products of any of our affiliates and / or service providers.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- Either party shall be entitled from time to time, by written notice to the other, to vary its domicilium address to any other address which is not a post office box.
- is delivered by hand during the normal business hours at the addressee’s domicilium shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee at the time of delivery; or
- if transmitted by means of email to the addressee’s email address provided during the registration process, shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee on the 1st (first) business day after the date of transmission thereof.